Capsule Supplies Co-Hosts Local Women's Winter Wellness Workshop
and Colorado herbalist Marla Alexander of Roots Medicine Gardens recently
hosted "Grow Your Own Medicine Cabinet," an herbal wellness night for a local women's interest group.
Participants learned about how to grow and process herbs to make safe, natural herbal remedies right at home. With the oncoming cold and flu season, Marla focused on making remedies to help ward off and treat these seasonal maladies.
In the process of preparing their capsules, everyone got a chance to test out our 20-count manual capsule filler and create professional-looking capsules to take home to their families.
Follow our suggestion below on an herbal remedy you can make yourself, grab one of our professional manual capsule fillers, and perhaps you will be inspired possibly host your own Winter Wellness night!
Herbal Cold Care Capsules
- Capsule Supplies 20, 50, 100, 240 or 400 count size 0 or 00 manual capsule filler (optional)
- size 00 or 0 vegetable or gelatin capsules
- surgical face mask and gloves recommended
- 1 part Echinacea angustfolia root powder
- 1/2 part garlic powder
- 1/4 part Cayenne pepper powder
- In a non-reactive bowl, mix all of the herbal powders together until well combined.
- Follow the directions for the type of capsule filler you have.
- Align the powder guard on top and scoop the powder in to start filling the capsules. Use the spreader to get the powder in all the capsule bottoms and the tamper to ensure powder is packed in.
- Store the capsules in a small glass mason jar and place the lid on tight. Keep in a cool, dark, dry place. These capsules should stay fresh for 6-12 months.